FamilySearch Sign In
When you sign in to FamilySearch, you now have the option to stay signed in for 2 weeks. If you click the checkbox, you also get a warning to avoid using this option if you are on a shared or public computer.
Big News Family Editing Comes to FamilySearch Family Tree
FamilySearch is a moving target. No matter what you knew about it yesterday, you need to look at it today to see what is going on. Here is a summary of the different parts of FamilySearch and the latest news:
Family Tree is part of the biggest change being made to the FamilySearch.org website. Good news and waiting. Family Tree is the replacement for New.FamilySearch.org. There are a series of incremental changes going on nearly constantly. For example, today I found that
- marriage dates can be edited or deleted.
- Family relationships can also be edited, such as biological, adopted, step etc.
- You can also change the parents of a child.
- You can also add a source directly to a marriage and a child relationship.
- In short, all of the incorrect family relationships in New.FamilySearch.org can now be edited in Family Tree.
- You can also add people to the database.
Source: James Tanner, Genealogy's Star