Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Temple Policy Change Announced

The policy governing when and from whom you need to get permission to do ordinances has changed. You must now get permission to do ordinances for individuals born in the last 110 years (up from 95 years).
You may do ordinances for your own deceased spouse, child, parent, or sibling, but you should consider the wishes of other close living relatives, especially a living spouse. If you are not a spouse, child, parent, or sibling of the deceased, you are to obtain permission from the closest living relative before doing the ordinances. The closest living relatives are, in this order: an undivorced spouse (the spouse to whom the individual was married when he or she died), an adult child, a parent, or a brother or sister. Verbal approval is acceptable. Family members should work together to determine when the ordinances will be done and who will do them.
The above information is found at Sign in, and then click on "What's New in the New FamilySearch Website."

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not have a Google account, you can comment as Anonymous, but please add your name to your comment. Thank you.